Friday, July 24, 2009

Where am I?

Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?
-Mary Oliver
This quote returns to me again and again, most often when I am in a transitional stage of my life. It was first given to me when I was a part of the Micah Project, a year-long time set apart for discernment as part of an intentional Christian community. It was a remarkable and dramatic year for me, with one of my mentors remarking that I had done seven years of growing and developing in the space of one. I returned from Micah a changed person.
I am entering a new stage... actually a new stage in my life is finally catching up with me. With the loss of my job I am set free to explore what it means to me, in this time, to be a wife with a house to care for and a bonus daughter who visits often. All of these are new things for me, and so I ponder where God is leading me to be. What is it God is asking me to do with my one wild and precious life?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Praying for enough silence and voice to guide you.