Saturday, February 7, 2009

A Little of This and That

Today has been quite productive, with a new apron and skirt made from my own designs. Both are quite simple, but for this novice with a sewing machine I am quite satisfied! I found a remnant of a sweet fabric with Celtic knots on it that became a simple "hostess" style apron - one of those ones that only covers from the waist down - and I am thrilled with how it turned out.

I am looking forward tonight to making lemon bars and possibly a lemon loaf cake, I was given a couple of football-sized lemons and I need to use them up, along with the extra lemons from last weeks tea. I've already made some lemon curd to have on hand, and there is some lemon chicken simmering away, but I don't want to waste these lovely morsels of tart sunshine!

No comments: