Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Wishcasting Wednesday - Experience

Today at Wishcasting Wednesday Headquarters, Jamie has posed a very interesting question:

What do you wish to experience?

I wish to experience the exhilaration of the desert Southwest monsoons on a bare mesa. The intensity of the thunder and lightening of these storms in awesome and I have loved the thrill of them for as long as I can remember. I now live in a place unaffected by the monsoons, but still feel the pull of the desert on my spirit and know that there will always be a place in my soul that craves the sacred places of the high desert.

I wish to experience the solemn wonder of the rain forest of the Olympic Peninsula. Not to mention the prime lavender growing area nearby at Sequim. It has been on my list of places to visit for a very long time and I know that a piece of my soul will always long for a visit.

I wish to experience the grandeur of Alaska. My husband spent several years of his childhood in a remote part of Glacier Bay, and listening to his stories has only increased my longing to see this vast and formidable environment. Not to mention that I have always wanted to see the Northern Lights.

I wish to experience the joy of traveling by train through the Canadian Rockies. Part of my family is Canadian, and hearing the stories they told has made me wish to see these mountains. I'm sure it helps that I am a mountain girl in my soul - I love mountains!

I wish to experience finding my family's roots in Saskatchewan. I know the homestead is long gone, but it would be lovely to walk in the area and remember the stories in the general place where they took place.

I wish to experience gathering among family in England. We have done this once and it was such a delight to be among so many people and know that we are all related. Literally. By blood. Suddenly I didn't feel so alone in the world.

I wish to experience the chill of the air in Scotland. Not sure why, but Scotland has been one of those places that has called to my soul ever since I can remember. But the soul does not need a reason, so I plan and wait until I have my chance.

I wish to experience the solitude of the Welsh mountains. Another place, like Scotland and parts of England where my soul is calling to me to go.

I wish to experience the peace that comes from being at home with the one I love. To have my home tidy and orderly. To rest together in a sanctuary that nourishes and protects us from the world.

I wish to experience the spontaneous joy that comes from being at peace with myself and my body. This is the biggest of all, because without this one the others lose their savor. I am beginning this journey already and look forward to each step I take towards making peace with myself.

22 comments:

Beth said...

HOW BEAUTIFUL!!! All your wishes - I particularly relate to your last one about being at peace with your body. As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you!

LissaL said...

That is a fabulous of wishes! As Sulwyn wishes for herself, so I do wish also:)

Julie Jordan Scott said...

Your wish is so vivid, love how clear you paint your wish, for us to experience alongside you...

AS Sulwyn wishes for herself, so I do wish for her also...

Read what I wish to experience here!

Librarian Lee said...

Sulwyn! That was beautiful and so fabulous to read! Thank you! As Sulwyn wishes for herself, so do I wish for her also.

gina said...

Beautiful wishes! Sounds like you have travel in your future..as Sulwyn wishes for herself, I wish for her also.

Ginny said...

Wonderful wishes, each and everyone one of them. As Sulwyn wishes for herself, I wish for her as well.

Jo Anna said...

Amazing wishes. I loved reading them all!
As Sulwyn wishes for herself, so do I wish for her also.

ABCcreativity said...

yes, amazing wishes!
as sulwyn wishes for herself, i wish for her also.

Sarah Sullivan said...

As Sulwyn wishes for herself, so do I wish for her also.
Oh oh oh oh hon...that was just stunningly beautiful!! Wow...all places I would like to fly too.. a couple I have already!! The desert ...oh I soooo love the monsoons on the high plains..amazing! The Pacific NW..yup am there and loving it..the rest I want to go.
May you travel like crazy hon!!!
Hugs, Sarah

Unknown said...

Very powerful!
As Sulwyn wishes for herself, I wish for her also.

Silky Hart said...

Lots of splendid wishes! As Sulwyn wishes for herself, so I wish for her also!

Karen D said...

How wonderful Sulwyn.. I love the pictures your words paint. to be at peace in one's body is something I would love also.
As Sulwyn wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Beverley Baird said...

What lovely wishes!
As Sulwyn wishes for herself, I wish for her also.

Kim Switzer said...

As Sulwyn wishes for herself, so I wish for her as well.

Kate Robertson said...

Aw Sulwyn wishes I also wish for her. Oh memories of Scotland (I was there in 04) seem to be flooding through my mind now.I'd like to go back.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post, I too would love to travel to all of these places - officially :)
R

Lis said...

Such rich, vivid wishes! You've awoken my travel bug for sure.

As Sulwyn wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Be sure to share the photos with us :)

Ginny Baker said...

Lovely wishes. :-)As Sulwyn wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Lucy Ladham-Dyment said...

As Sulwyn wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Anna said...

All of your wishes are beautiful! As Sulwyn wishes for herself, so I wish for her as well.

Lori-Lyn said...

Beautiful wish.
As Sulwyn wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

The Exception said...

Hi - I read your comment on Unfolding Your Path to Joy about ballet and had to pop over!

I am from the southwest and wow - I too love the storms of the summers there in the desert. I grew up watching the electrical storms crackling and dancing in the desert skies... and there is nothing like the thunder and magic of a real storm there... the water puddling in minutes, the power of nature everywhere from sky to ground and flash flooding... and then the magic of the colors and the life that appears once the storms have passed... Storms in the southwest are something I miss wherever in the world I have traveled. There is nothing like them.